Find DWI Lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida 33917
Find DWI Lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida 33917. Have you been arrested for a DWI in North Fort Myers Florida? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Florida require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in North Fort Myers FL who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring Find DWI Lawyer in North Fort Myers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in North Fort Myers will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in North Fort Myers FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a good North Fort Myers DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
States have mandatory penalties of a drunk driving conviction:
1. DWI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in North Fort Myers Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DWI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida 33917
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)