Find DWI Lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida 34685
Find DWI Lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida 34685. Arrested for a DWI in Palm Harbor Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Florida require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Palm Harbor FL who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining Find DWI Lawyer in Palm Harbor
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Palm Harbor will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Palm Harbor FL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Palm Harbor DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
States have mandatory penalties of a DUI conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Palm Harbor Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DWI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida 34685
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)