DUI Lawyer in Fort Benning Georgia 31905
Find DUI Lawyer in Fort Benning Georgia 31905. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Fort Benning Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Fort Benning Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Fort Benning will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Fort Benning GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Fort Benning DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fort Benning Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250