DUI Lawyer in Fort Lee Virginia 23801
Find DUI Lawyer in Fort Lee Virginia 23801. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Fort Lee Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Fort Lee Virginia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Fort Lee will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Fort Lee VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Fort Lee DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fort Lee Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250