DUI Lawyer in Gaithersburg Maryland 20882
Find DUI Lawyer in Gaithersburg Maryland 20882. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Gaithersburg Maryland who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Gaithersburg Maryland or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Gaithersburg will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Gaithersburg MD to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Gaithersburg DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Gaithersburg Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250