Find Good DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Brentwood / Collingwood / Nose Hill) Alberta T2L
Find Good DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Brentwood / Collingwood / Nose Hill) Alberta T2L. Been arrested for drunk driving in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of drunk driving differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a drunk driving then the drunk driving laws in Alberta require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of a good lawyer in Calgary (Brentwood / Collingwood / Nose Hill) AB who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
The odds of successfully beating a drunk driving charge are slim to none if you don’t hire drunk driving defense team. A drunk driving conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a good DUI lawyer in Calgary (Brentwood / Collingwood / Nose Hill) is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI charge.
Good DUI lawyers knows Alberta DUI laws and in most cases will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Brentwood / Collingwood / Nose Hill) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Calgary (Brentwood / Collingwood / Nose Hill) DUI lawyer.
The best practice for DUI defense who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School (DUI/DWI). Alberta requires a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most provinces require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Brentwood / Collingwood / Nose Hill) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250