Find Good DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) Alberta T3H
Find Good DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) Alberta T3H. Been arrested for a DUI in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of drunk driving much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a drunk driving then the drunk driving laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of a good lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) AB who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
The chances of successfully beating a drunk driving charge are far and between if you don’t hire drunk driving defense team. A drunk driving conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a good DUI lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI conviction.
Good DUI lawyers knows Alberta DUI laws and in most cases will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a good DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) DUI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School (DUI/DWI). Alberta requires a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most provinces require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Discovery Ridge / Signal Hill / Aspen Woods / Patterson / Cougar Ridge) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250