Find Good DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Queensland Downs / Lake Bonavista / Willow Park / Acadia) Alberta T2J
Find Good DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Queensland Downs / Lake Bonavista / Willow Park / Acadia) Alberta T2J. Been arrested for a DUI in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of drunk driving much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a drunk driving then the drunk driving laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of a good lawyer in Calgary (Queensland Downs / Lake Bonavista / Willow Park / Acadia) AB who is focused on defending your drunk driving defense.
The odds of really having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of drunk driving defense team. A drunk driving conviction can have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a good DUI lawyer in Calgary (Queensland Downs / Lake Bonavista / Willow Park / Acadia) is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI conviction.
Good DUI lawyers knows Alberta DUI laws and in most cases will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a good DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Queensland Downs / Lake Bonavista / Willow Park / Acadia) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Calgary (Queensland Downs / Lake Bonavista / Willow Park / Acadia) DUI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Alberta Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School (DUI/DWI). Alberta requires a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many provinces require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Queensland Downs / Lake Bonavista / Willow Park / Acadia) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250