Find Good DUI Lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast Alberta T1K
Find Good DUI Lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast Alberta T1K. Been arrested for a DUI in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of drunk driving much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a drunk driving history then the drunk driving laws in Alberta require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of a good lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast AB who is focused on representing your drunk driving case.
The chances of successfully having your drunk driving charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire drunk driving defense team. A drunk driving conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a good DUI lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI conviction.
Good DUI lawyers knows Alberta DUI laws and in most cases will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a good DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast AB to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Lethbridge Southeast DUI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School (DUI/DWI). Alberta requires a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many provinces require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lethbridge Southeast Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250