DUI Lawyer in Helen Georgia 30545
Find DUI Lawyer in Helen Georgia 30545. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Helen Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Helen Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Helen will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Helen GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Helen DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Helen Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250