DUI Lawyer in Jefferson Georgia 30549
Find DUI Lawyer in Jefferson Georgia 30549. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Jefferson Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Jefferson Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Jefferson will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Jefferson GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Jefferson DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Jefferson Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250