DUI Lawyer in Junction City Georgia 31812
Find DUI Lawyer in Junction City Georgia 31812. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Junction City Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Junction City Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Junction City will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Junction City GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Junction City DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Junction City Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250