DUI Lawyer in Lakemont Georgia 30552
Find DUI Lawyer in Lakemont Georgia 30552. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Lakemont Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Lakemont Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Lakemont will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Lakemont GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Lakemont DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lakemont Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250