DUI Lawyer in Lehi Utah 84043
Find DUI Lawyer in Lehi Utah 84043. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Utah? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Lehi Utah who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Lehi Utah or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Lehi will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Lehi UT to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Lehi DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Utah of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lehi Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250