DUI Lawyer in Manassas Virginia 20113
Find DUI Lawyer in Manassas Virginia 20113. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Manassas Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Manassas Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Manassas will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Manassas VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Manassas DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Manassas Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250