DUI Lawyer in Martin Georgia 30557
Find DUI Lawyer in Martin Georgia 30557. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Martin Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Martin Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Martin will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Martin GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Martin DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Martin Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250