DUI Lawyer in Midland Georgia 31820
Find DUI Lawyer in Midland Georgia 31820. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Midland Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Midland Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Midland will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Midland GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Midland DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Midland Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250