DUI Lawyer in Montgomery Village Maryland 20886
Find DUI Lawyer in Montgomery Village Maryland 20886. Arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Montgomery Village Maryland who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Montgomery Village Maryland or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Montgomery Village will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Montgomery Village MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Montgomery Village DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Montgomery Village Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250