DUI Lawyer in Nelson Georgia 30151
Find DUI Lawyer in Nelson Georgia 30151. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Nelson Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Nelson Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Nelson will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Nelson GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Nelson DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Nelson Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250