DUI Lawyer in Orem Utah 84097
Find DUI Lawyer in Orem Utah 84097. Arrested for a DUI in Utah? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Orem Utah who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Orem Utah or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Orem will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Orem UT to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Orem DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Orem Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250