DUI Lawyer in Petersburg Virginia 23805
Find DUI Lawyer in Petersburg Virginia 23805. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also other actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Petersburg Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Petersburg Virginia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Petersburg will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Petersburg VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Petersburg DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Petersburg Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250