DUI Lawyer in Petersburg Virginia 23806
Find DUI Lawyer in Petersburg Virginia 23806. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Petersburg Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Petersburg Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Petersburg will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Petersburg VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Petersburg DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Petersburg Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250