DUI Lawyer in Pine Mountain Valley Georgia 31823
Find DUI Lawyer in Pine Mountain Valley Georgia 31823. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Pine Mountain Valley Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Pine Mountain Valley Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Pine Mountain Valley will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Pine Mountain Valley GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Pine Mountain Valley DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Pine Mountain Valley Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250