DUI Lawyer in Richland Georgia 31825
Find DUI Lawyer in Richland Georgia 31825. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other actions because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Richland Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Richland Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Richland will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Richland GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Richland DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richland Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250