DUI Lawyer in Rockmart Georgia 30153
Find DUI Lawyer in Rockmart Georgia 30153. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Rockmart Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Rockmart Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Rockmart will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Rockmart GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Rockmart DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Rockmart Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250