DUI Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30161
Find DUI Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30161. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Rome Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Rome Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Rome will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Rome GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Rome DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Rome Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250