DUI Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30165
Find DUI Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30165. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Rome Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Rome Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Rome will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Rome GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Rome DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Rome Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250