DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84101
Find DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84101. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Utah? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Salt Lake City Utah who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Salt Lake City DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Utah of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Salt Lake City Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250