DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84102
Find DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84102. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Utah? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Salt Lake City Utah who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Salt Lake City DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Salt Lake City Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250