DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84103
Find DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84103. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Utah? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Salt Lake City Utah who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Salt Lake City DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Salt Lake City Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250