DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84105
Find DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84105. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Utah? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Salt Lake City Utah who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Salt Lake City DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Salt Lake City Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250