DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84109
Find DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84109. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Utah? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Salt Lake City Utah who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Salt Lake City DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Salt Lake City Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250