DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84114
Find DUI Lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah 84114. Arrested for a DUI in Utah? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Salt Lake City Utah who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Salt Lake City UT to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Salt Lake City DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Salt Lake City Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250