DUI Lawyer in Shannon Georgia 30172
Find DUI Lawyer in Shannon Georgia 30172. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Shannon Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Shannon Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Shannon will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Shannon GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Shannon DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Shannon Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250