DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20902
Find DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20902. Arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Silver Spring Maryland who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Silver Spring will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Silver Spring DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Silver Spring Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250