DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20903
Find DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20903. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Silver Spring Maryland who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Silver Spring will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring MD to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Silver Spring DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Silver Spring Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250