DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20908
Find DUI Lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland 20908. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Silver Spring Maryland who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring Maryland or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Silver Spring will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Silver Spring MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Silver Spring DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Silver Spring Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250