DUI Lawyer in South Jordan Utah 84095
Find DUI Lawyer in South Jordan Utah 84095. Arrested for a DUI in Utah? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in South Jordan Utah who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in South Jordan Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in South Jordan will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in South Jordan UT to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good South Jordan DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in South Jordan Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250