DUI Lawyer in Taylorsville Georgia 30178
Find DUI Lawyer in Taylorsville Georgia 30178. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Taylorsville Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Taylorsville Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Taylorsville will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Taylorsville GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Taylorsville DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Taylorsville Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250