Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Brunswick Georgias 31524
Find Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Brunswick Georgia 31524. Arrested for a DUI in Brunswick GA? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Brunswick GA who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Brunswick
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Brunswick Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Brunswick will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Brunswick GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Brunswick DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Brunswick Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250