Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Locust Grove Georgias 30248
Find Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Locust Grove Georgia 30248. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Locust Grove GA? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Locust Grove GA who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Locust Grove
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Locust Grove Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Locust Grove will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Locust Grove GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Locust Grove DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Locust Grove Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250