Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Mountain City Georgias 30562
Find Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Mountain City Georgia 30562. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Mountain City GA? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Mountain City GA who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Mountain City
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Mountain City Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Mountain City will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Mountain City GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Mountain City DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Mountain City Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250