Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Stone Mountain Georgias 30083
Find Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Stone Mountain Georgia 30083. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Stone Mountain GA? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Stone Mountain GA who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Stone Mountain
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Stone Mountain Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Stone Mountain will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Stone Mountain GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Stone Mountain DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Stone Mountain Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250