DUI Lawyer in Waverly Hall Georgia 31831
Find DUI Lawyer in Waverly Hall Georgia 31831. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Waverly Hall Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Waverly Hall Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Waverly Hall will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Waverly Hall GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Waverly Hall DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Waverly Hall Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250