DUI Lawyer in West Point Georgia 31833
Find DUI Lawyer in West Point Georgia 31833. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in West Point Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in West Point Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in West Point will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in West Point GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good West Point DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in West Point Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250