DUI Lawyer in Weston Georgia 31832
Find DUI Lawyer in Weston Georgia 31832. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Weston Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Weston Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Weston will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Weston GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Weston DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Weston Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250