DUI Lawyer in Yatesville Georgia 31097
Find DUI Lawyer in Yatesville Georgia 31097. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Yatesville Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Yatesville Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Yatesville will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Yatesville GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Yatesville DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Yatesville Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250