DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 30319
Find DUI Lawyer in Atlanta Georgia 30319. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Atlanta Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Atlanta will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Atlanta GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Atlanta DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Atlanta Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250