Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia 30605
Find Best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia 30605. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good, experienced lawyer for the best outcome.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The chances of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Athens or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI attorney in Athens GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
5. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Athens Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI