Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia 30606
Find Best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia 30606. Arrested for drunk driving in Georgia? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced dui attorney who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The chances of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Athens or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The best DUI attorney in Athens Georgia will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI attorney in Athens GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good attorney.
The best practice is to find to find the best dui lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the attorney”s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class driving while intoxicated of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
3. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
4. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
5. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Athens Georgia.
DUI Attorney Explains DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $525 to $8,525.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 140 to $ 2,150 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $12,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,500 to $5,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $60 to $280
Best DUI Attorney in Athens Georgia: What to Do If Charged With A DUI